Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An Agenda-less Weekend

It was really nice not having any “plans” for the weekend. Nowhere I “had” to be on Saturday or having anyone over, and just typical church stuff on Sunday. I had to be at church at 7:45 to open for Daniel. I was up at 5, so I was raring to go by the time I needed to leave, but that was Sunday.
There was some fun to be had on Friday.
PJ had a birthday party to go to, so Mom, Steve, Andrew and I headed to see Evan Almighty. It was totally hilarious. I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard while watching a movie in a while. I know people around me thought I was crazy, but I couldn’t help myself, and I’ll most likely never see those people again anyway. . .

Saturday morning, still up early, but since I had already run my 6 miles on Wednesday, and my knee was still out of commission, there was no exercise for me. I did manage 3 walking miles on Friday, but manage was just it.

Did some preparation for my Sunday School lesson on church buildings and changes in architecture (using cathedrals as primary examples)








Accomplished some other desktop stuff while I had the house to “myself”, mail, emails, etc.

Headed out about 9:30 to do some errands- go by Wolf camera, dry cleaners, Publix, etc.

Back home to marinate chicken and veggies for the grill later, and get other stuff ready for the week, [I usually do dinner preparations for the following week] I have 4 weeknight things this coming week, and I’m out of town for a few days the following week, so "productivity" [let's make the quote marks together here] was the buzz word for the day.

Assembled the Brie with apricot chutney from the Flavors of Bon Apetit 1997.



It tasted wonderful, but mine isn't as pretty as the one in the cookbook. Will try it again some other time with some mods.

Had a glass of wine while I was manning the grill, or was it 2? Veggie kabobs, grilled chicken and brown rice. . . yum!

Watched Iron Chef America during dinner, we don’t do this often and it was a real treat. I love Mario Batali, and the secret ingredient was crawfish, so I was curious to see where they’d go with that one. I’m totally inspired to go by some old- fashioned TV trays, so we can do it more often, in relative comfort.

Managed to knit on blanket #3, and assembled the necessary tools for my next 3 projects. More about them on another blog posting.

Sunday, hanging out at the pool, some knitting, reading, and a couple loads of wash. Chauffering the boys to youth group and instrumental praise practice.

Sometimes it’s nice not having a plan just go with what the day allows. Accomplishing tasks, and being able to enjoy the things you love to do
. . a “perfect” balance of work and play.

No comments: