Sunday, October 31, 2010
and sam the guard dog is keeping an eye on things.
Friday, October 29, 2010
faxing to miami for hotel billing
faxing to all congressmen and senators for GA, NC & SC
mailings to the above
pulling training stats for the boss from about 12 different spreadsheets (love doing this)
greeting folks who pass by my desk (avoiding eye contact with those who like to "waste" time with pointless chit chat): seriously it's like grand central station-but not as pretty!
answering emails-internal and through another email system we use
and delivery of these little guys-i love how they came out, just wish i could get the right needle/yarn combo so i don't injure myself making them.
it's friday, i'm very busy, which means the day will fly till i get together with THE GIRLS.! happy friday.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
1. what in the heck would your mother say about you being in that tree with only a drop line and spike boots keeping you in place-then-i saw this
2. dude you did not just step from that tree onto that roof top- seriously?
3. i almost can't bear to watch-but it's like that whole rear window (alfred hitchcock) thing
4. he steps back again-egad-thing is these are not a really big/substantial limbs -so i'm wondering just how in the heck is he gonna manage as these limbs get even smaller and the places he has to stand on get fewer.
5. so now there are 2 drop lines, and a pulley set up to lower the branches-it's almost too frightening to watch-i was ready to call 9-1-1 should he take a tumble-hey, the least i could do after gawking for 2 days at this phenomenon.
6. i think every engineering major would benefit from a field trip with a tree removal service. they'd probably get some additional life skills they don't teach you in school-okay scratch that idea-there's ladies about.
7. now i'm a little less worried for the dear lad-he's a bit closer to the ground now, so any fall would probably only result in some bumps and bruises-nothing Mercurochrome and a band aid won't fix.
8. whew-glad the job is done-you'd never know there was a tree there.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
2. assess approach to removing top limbs
3. hand off the limb you just sawed off via a drop line-don't hit your buddies down below
4. put severed limb into wood chipper parked on the very public sidewalk-repeat steps 2,3 & 4 until . . . now this is key considering what happens next.
5. have an indepth discussion with a police officer about what you might be doing wrong. either no permit to remove tree-or blocking a public sidewalk and road way without permission might be a no-no.
6. use this time productively by having a very extensive and well deserved smoke break, while you wait for a verdict, or perhaps consider the meaning of life.
7. repeat step 6 while another officer comes to take evidence photos.
8. return to the cherry picker; which will take you back over the roof tops so that you can begin to vacate the premises.
9. after receiving your orders to cease and desist, clean up, and vacate . . .
yes, it was a slow day at the office, but quite entertaining.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
a very girly dinner-steve and andrew were out bowling so mom and i had a frittata with prosciutto, asparagus, spinach, portabellas, and sundried tomatoes and a cucumber tomato salad-yum. i also made ina's pumpkin roulade with ginger cream for sunday's dinner-here's the cooked pumpkin i got in this week's market basket that i used-this was totally crazy to cook, but provided the perfect amount for the roulade with only just a little left over-maybe pumpkin muffins?
i snapped this photo earlier this week-don't you agree- a wonderful use for your car's ashtray-stitch markers at the ready.
of course, there was laundry, clearing out the 162 emails i'd gotten since monday, and other domestic "stuff". i also watched juno-i'd seen it before with jillian, and i cried again towards the end-not sure if it was the heart-wrenching fact that she was 16, pregnant and putting her baby up for adoption, or the angst of vanessa on wanting a baby of her own and not being able to have one~it reminded me while it's not easy being a girl, surrounding yourself with incredible women sure can make it a wonderful thing.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
tidied up my yarn/knitting-quilting library-didn't cull through patterns i'll never knit/sew, but everything is here and organized-projects bagged with patterns, etc.
my fabric is in better shape, bagged patterns and fabric together for planned projects-at some point i will sew the apron that mary bought me the fabric for soon! also put coordinating fabrics bought to use together for a yet to be decided project are also together. i was able to put the ziploc bags i've been hanging onto to very good use.
i did the messy part of the yard work, and put together a queen size quilt top sans the border pieces (i hope to do those on friday), but the desk is tidy and things are rolling along so hopefully when the holidays get here i won't get TOO overwhelmed.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
p.s. she is going to have to weave in the ends!