Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Glorious 12th . . .

Not only is it the traditional opening day for hunting season in England, Yes, that's what they actually call the 12th of August. BUT--- it's my birthday! Yea, another year older (hopefully wiser). No big plans, just no cooking, some knitting, couple glasses of wine, etc. etc. --

here's some photos from the day.


Lunch at Macaroni Grill, one of my favorite places. A different waiter sang Happy Birthday in Italian.

At home more birthday cake complete with the "39" candles


Notice anything different about PJ from earlier in the day?


Some blowwy horn things








My gifts- yes that's me sitting on top of the big hunking urn I have been wanting for ages. Unfortunately it will probably remain empty until Labor Day Weekend, when I plan to dig up these bushes, and put tons of flowers in this area for year round color! Portmeirian vases from Mom, and the newest Brad Paisley CD (as well as the urn) from Steve and the boys- thank you- just what I wanted! Gift card from one of my favorite shops, didn't they do a beautiful job on the bow?!- thanks Mom



My birthday cards, and the bottle of Ramsay I bought back in January at the Oak Barrel Wine Store in Acworth I've been saving it for something special--seemed like the perfect occasion --

I managed to work on the Tangerine Twist- still making progress--

watched some Food Network--

--last few minutes of Throwdown with Bobby Flay
--Dinner Impossible- for the awards ceremony after the National Spelling Bee- I love this show
--Ace of Cakes-- Scrabble Board! Gum ball machine! and a gigantic Slot machine! all cakes and way cool-
Am planning to get back upstairs for more knitting and Food Network!!!

I was also serenaded by our Sunday School class led by our teacher, Robert Jones, in a resounding "Happy Birthday". A really great day overall that was celebrated over several days- also a nice way to end the summer before school starts back -TOMORROW!!!!
Thanks to everyone for making the day special

TTFN

No comments: