Friday, August 24, 2007

Stashing it . . .

I was doing such a good job rambling on about what I wanted to blog--then whamo, somehow, someway, my blog posting went off into lala land, despite being saved a few times during the composition-- so *&%$#@- I feel much better, so onto what I wanted (did) to "say"

Since soccer practice was cancelled due to the "severe weather", what's that all about? I was able to do errands about 30 minutes earlier; which freed me up to head down to the basement for some more craft area organization-


Upon my return from the various locals I set the embroidery machine to stitching hats Mr. K wanted, I had about 8 to do, so one is in the machine, and one is framed up, and waiting---










While that's going I dove into organizing my stash, trying to make the storage cabinet a little bit neater, armed with 1 gallon, 2 gallon, 2.5 gallon and XL bags (didn't use these), I was ready----after attacking a couple bags, I had to change out hats- Andrew was finishing up he "summer" reading project that was due on Friday, procrastination, such a terrible habit. He sat in the big chair while I milled about.

Here's the sorted stash- I can tell you where every ball of yarn came from with the exception of the one below. Here's the stats on the stash

23 Total bags of yarn:
16--(&+"hearts"+;contains yarn purchased with a specific project in mind
1--contains a finished project waiting to be frogged
1--contains leftover baby blanket yarn to be used for an Elizabeth Zimmerman Surprise Jacket, once I find the pattern

1--contains odd sorts that could be used for embellishments of some sort of is what was I thinking yarn.
1--contains yarn purchased recently to be added to the travel blanket
1--contains yarn that is categorized as one ball wonders- loved the color, and once I decide what I want to knit, I'll go on-line and order the sufficient amount--call me crazy.
1--contains a fairs isle "sweater" that will be come the world's most expensive pillow, that story will be worthy of a blog posting on its own
1--contains a baby yarn that has been given to Mom to use for the Busy Hands Ministry- a great new thing started at our church to help reach out to the community by providing, knitted, crocheted, and quilted items to people in need. Once the establish a PM group I'll be involved in this, it will be tons of fun, and a great time for fellowship, and an excuse to put aside other things and knit- what could be better?!












Mystery yarn, I think Mom brought this back from her 05 trip to the UK, I love it and would like a project suggestion. Anyone?
Here is my sock, I made one and started another, so I know I can do this, why can't I get a big girl sock done?! Have handed this off to Mom for her Busy hands thingy.

Looking forward to indexing and collecting patterns for these projects, and despite the 23 bags, I still need more yarn, and thanks to the Rogovins and Skip, I have a nice chunk to spend at Knitch on the 19th- can't wait!!!

TTFN

PS Mary I think I messed up on the html "hearts!"

1 comment:

Mary said...

take out the + signs when you type the hearts thing. love how you've categorized all the yarn!