this quote (see link for credit) on facebook. i think i'll adopt this as my motto for the next year. i've given 2013 a lot of thought over the last few months-where i want to be, what i want to accomplish, what changes are coming my way, etc. i won't be adopting a word this year, but rather it'll be the year of "ME", not in a selfish-all about me kinda way, but more in what can I do to make ME a better person way-physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally etc. i learned some hard lessons in 2012, and i told a co-worker the other day when she was surprised i was going to ride in the sunny, but very chilly weather-what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. i have to say the ride was very invigorating and a perfect break from the office. sooo back to the topic at hand, i hope to:
1. maintain my weight and physical health-i'm very happy with both, but am always looking for ways to eat more healthy and keep my exercise routine interesting.
2. create boundaries-yep, unfortunately there are those who have no respect for them, so i guess i'll need a better stronger fortress.
3. knitting-my focus will be on quality rather than quantity. i want patterns that are challenging enough to keep my interest, but not cause me to throw the knitting across the room. i have a feeling i'll be doing several small projects in order to use up my stash (mittens, hats, socks, etc.).
4. sewing/quilting-again working on reducing my stash, would love to put together some scrappy quilts to give away to those in need. really need to improve my overall skills, so i hope to take a few classes next year.
5. de-clutter-i always seem to be doing this-i'll have some time off in january, so i'm going to do significant decluttering-clothes, "stuff", etc.
6. i want to be involved in more bible studies, but i don't necessarily want to lead them. i'm looking to be "fed", so we'll see where this goes. i'm really hoping wendy pope will continue her on-line psalm bible study. we've done psalms 1-51 so far.
7. create a better routine when it comes to home computer stuff-i need to be more independent on trouble shooting computer and printer issues. doing my downloads and uploads more regular so i don't get so far behind.
8. improve my photography-really learn how to use my camera-there's so much day to day to capture.
9. embark on project life-i'm real excited about and plan to steal lots of ideas from friends and bloggers.
10. finally, i want to laugh til i cry and my sides ache.OFTEN.
i'm sure i'll be doing more reflecting and musing as the year goes by-lots of fun things coming up- traveling, a wedding, graduations, family get to-gethers etc. anyone else making resolutions or setting goals for 2013?