Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP-Wednesday-Still moving along.

I'm still making progress on my Parabola and Sommer Sleevless Top (SST). Saturday's road trip allowed me to make good progress on the inner layer of the Parabola, and all the knitting is completed, and it needs to be blocked. The photo shows my second swatch-I went up a needle size and after reading the instructions again [which I'm glad I did] I need to get 18 sts over 4 inches instead of 16.  So far this swatch is real close.  I'm going to work some more rows then block it to be sure.  However, I'm thinking, I'll probably stick with the size 7 needles used in this swatch as I like the fabric, and I don't want the outer piece to be scraggly looking.  I think the fact that it's made out of silk cloud and will be very billowy I could get away with this needle size provided I don't hold the yarn too tight.  I'm really pleased with the way the inner piece-Shibui staccato=true love.
My SST is coming along-I've done 4 of the 7 decreases and you can start to see the chevron pattern.  It's a pretty intuitive pattern, and is good for social knitting provided you can count to 8, which I thought I could do, but sometimes I get only to 7!   I do have to give my hands a break with this project as the yarn doesn't have a lot of give, but I am still loving it.
I have a lot of things to catch up to on over the next few days, so I don't know how much knitting I'll get done.  I will be working on the Falcons socks tomorrow night at the game, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get a sock completed-we'll see.  Right now I'm thinking about fall/winter and baby knits.  In my mind I want to be in a certain place with my knitting and quilting projects before the holidays arrive, so I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself.  I'd love to work on hats and other small projects during November and December.  It's predicted that we'll have another winter similar to last year, and if that's the case I'd love to have some new things ready to go on the needles when I'm "stuck" inside.  What's got you "moving" along?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I laughed about the counting to 8 part... yeah, who would think it would be so hard?! I'm going to join in the Shibui Fall KAL and knit a cute hat with Pebble doubled. I'd love to get a few more hats and another pair of mittens done before it gets cold. And I got my sweater mojo back!