Thursday, July 5, 2007

America's Largest 10K

America’s largest 10K, I’ve also heard it touted as the world’s largest 10K. However you decide. My self and approximately 54,999, other participants battled the asphalt between Lenox Mall and Piedmont Park for bragging rights and a t-shirt [you’ll see at the end]

Start time, about 8:20 am, I got to my section at 6:20, thank goodness for Port-a-John’s!




You can't see it, but there is a huge American flag handing from a crane just before the Starting Line.


Peachtree Road Race 2007
Scenes of the 70,000-79999 crowd.


What is so cool about this race is the number of people who come out to cheer you on. There are bands playing, radio stations broadcasting, total adrenaline rush!







Half-way mark



Cardiac Hill -Piedmont Hospital





Here are some more Atlanta scenes:




I know I’m in the home stretch when I get here.





The only time you’ll get a photo of the High Museum from the middle of Peachtree Street!

I have tons more photos, but too many to blog. I’ve decided to create a Road Race scrapbook devoted to the last 2 years, don’t think I’ll have the camera with me next year unless I find someone to participate with me, and has the same pace. I’ll include my number and at least a photo of the t-shirt and perhaps some newspaper articles. Andrew wants to run, but he’ll have to start training now. We’ll see.

Here’s the Finish line


my finish time approximately 9:36.



Me in my trophy



I know I’m not smiling, but my knee is killing me, so just take the photo already!










The Crowd at Piedmont Park. Thanks to everyone who helped in getting me a number, and to Steve for driving Andrew and I down, and for brunch afterwards. Here’s to next year!


No comments: