Monday, July 16, 2007

Getting It Done

I was going to blog about what I accomplished off my "to do" list, and why I didn't get everything done, and then decided who cares about that. However, I will digress and say that when I got to Goodyear Saturday morning to drop off the Tahoe, I was NOT expecting the big hunking black widow spider that greeted me. I got my envelope, looked at her for a moment, then shut the door. Too bad no camera, could have made for an interesting blog. I left a note for the mechanic about said spider, and inquired later if it was exterminated, as it should have been, and received an infirmative. I was able to do 6 miles with minimal pain, which is good, and incorporated the walk/job home from Goodyear, and felt pretty good about the whole thing.

On the "Get 'er done" meter- combine the mental and physical energy used, add the 45 minutes of rain, subtract the 2 hours I spent hand washing dishes over the weekend, I'd say I accomplished about 80% of what was on my "list", and since I was home today by 5:00, the accomplishment rating jumped to about 92%. Not bad considering how much I usually lay on myself.

Packing for Cleveland- done
Pool time on Saturday- done
4- Birthday cards-done
Sunday School lesson- game plan figured out for presentation, and images from books scanned- done
Reading- done--
nearly finished with The Constant Princess,
can't say that it's my favorite Philippa Gregory book, but court intrique is just that intriguing

Next, the the weekend food exploits. I've decided that I like "cooking" much better than "baking", as cooking is much more forgiving and easier to fix, much like knitting.




First off- here's the blueberries I used for the cobbler, later called "blueberry soup"



This is the final product that I took to the Pot Luck, it was yummy, but not enough cobbler for my taste, could be that I used a peach cobbler recipe [don't know]

Next up the Mac'n'cheese. I like creamy MNC vs eggy (custardy). I found a recipe in Gourmet a couple months ago, Croque Madame, that had a cheese sauce, when I made it there was left over cheese sauce, so I worked a little magic :) and made MNC, and the kids loved it, so I'm in the process of recreating the dish for the "Family Recipe" book, I need to put together for the boys--another project, NO!

This was really good, but I think I need a thinner sauce next time. As a final touch I add a thin layer of shredded cheese, then Panko crumbs, then another layer of cheese--can't have too much cheese can you???!!!

I also love my Longaberger Pottery, the purple- cause I like purple, and the spice because it looks so nice in the kitchen.



Anyway, final dish of the weekend. Frogmore Stew, don't know why it has this name, but apparently there is a place in SC called Frogmore, this was pretty much a low county boil except you add Old Bay Seasoning.


It was so-so on the "Mom you gotta make this again" meter.


Now a knitting update,

I managed to finish, block, gift wrap and make the card for blanket #3, which went to another co-worker of Steve's, a lovely shade of blue/gray in the standard block pattern.
Cast-on blanket #5 and worked on it during the WOC pajama party and video.
Found out Saturday that blanket #4 is for a GIRL!!! yea, so I picked up the adorable cotton candy/bubble gummy color,

will take this to Cleveland, and will probably have it finished by the end of the week.



Next up is the Filatura di Crosa yarn I got at the Purly Gates when they closed--60% off, totally lovin' that!. Sad they are closed, it was my favorite LYS (Local Yarn Shop :-( -Will be knitting a sweater I found on the knitty website--Summer 07 issue the sweater is Tangerine Twist.
Can't seem to create a link- may need Mary's help.
It's not often I find a sweater that has size as the finished size. Finally got going on this, will be going to Cleveland to knit in the hotel room without distractions- can't wait!




Next up are the sock, had to look for another pattern, and if this one doesn't work, I'll have to give in, and buy thicker yarn and use bigger needles, I had really wanted to use what I had, this pattern is also from knitty. Quill lace found in the archives.

We'll see how it comes, but it's NOT going to Cleveland, Tennessee maybe-
The last project to start is using the Jo Sharp wool and the Jo Sharp pattern, that deserves a blog posting all it's own- Polly remember the poncho I started while we were down for Spring Break? it's getting a make over!

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

You crack me up with the yarn poses - LOVE 'em! Safe travels...and happy knitting!