Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Knitting Update

Here's some updates on my WIPs. Baby blanket #4 is completed
Love it- especially how the colors blend, the pattern really shows off the yarn. Will deliver to baby girl Archer on Sunday. She was at church last week at only 9 days old! Cute as a button. Her daddy, Johnny, is a professional pool player, so if you're ever watching ESPN but if you're reading this blog, you probably don't really spend THAT much time watching ESPN, willingly! Anyway, but if you do, look for Johnny, he's pretty good.













Next up- the tangerine twist, modeling this season's "color" black-this is how much I got done, before I ripped it down to about 5". The pattern design wasn't coming out right after I began the decreases for the arm hole-- what I like about this type of pattern is that there are no side seams, and you kinda knit the whole thing at the same time, but it's not in the round-









Don't know if this picture helps with getting an idea of the pattern.









Now for a sock update, honey, they just ain't happening! I think I'm just going to have to give in, and knit with bigger needles and heavier yarn. I'm going to try the hand painted yarn I got in Cleveland that came with a pattern Simple Sock Pattern- I'll be the judge of that--, gotta have something to show the Yarn Harlot in September- yea baby! Register tomorrow beginning at 11:00 at http://www.knitchknitting.com/. I hope I got that right- gotta get Mary to help me with making my blog links to websites, a bit more pretty!

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

sorry about the socks - I'll share my WIP next week - on 4's and I think it's gone pretty fast.... good luck with the TT (from the pic sure looked fine to me!)