Sunday, August 5, 2007

Early Release for Good Behavior

This week at-- home and work,when I was there, I tried really hard to get stuff done so I could enjoy the weekend--have some fun, and get some organizing projects out of the way-
with that accomplished I figured I deserved some time off-

Very little cooking, taking advantage of lots of leftovers that are going to be transformed in some way or another- had a cookout to go to on Saturday--

This weekend was full of activities, but it was relaxing at the same time.
After doing some work in the basement, details to follow, I spent some time at the pool on both Saturday and Sunday! Yea, told Steve if we're paying HOA dues, I was going to take full advantage, and I did.
Here's my long arm shot, a bit hard since I don't have long arms. Anyway here's me, the pool, and the back of the clubhouse---




















My Miss Julia Stands her Ground book, a beverage- green apple bit, yum, and a snack- I'm set.

Here's the pool








HAPPY ANNIVERSARY House--we've been in our house for 1 year now, and I have really enjoyed being here. There's lots I still want to do, but we're not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, so there's time--


early morning view from the porch, love the view of the mountain across the street- beautiful!

One of the organization projects was to get things straight in the basement-

sorted through stuff for donating- cataloging for tax purposes, boxing up for pick up etc.

the craft area- to the left is the before picture. I'd been doing cards over the last few weeks, but not cleaning up after myself.

The other photo is the beginning of the "finished" look. Organized the paper, stamps, my knitting stash, scrapbook supplies. Still more to do. I then got the bright idea of re-organize my desk in the living room. Figured if I didn't use it upstairs, I'd take it downstairs as there is much more space for storing, especially those things that I don't need often. Now I've got to put that stuff away.

Final project of the weekend, was to get the photos printed for my 2007 album. Mom and Irene were out shopping, so they picked up the photos for me at Wolf- thank you!!

I also found out what I was doing wrong with the Tangerine Twist, I have to allow 18 sts for the button band, I contacted the designer, got an immediate response. I don't recall that bit in the instructions, so I'll have a re-read, and get myself going in the right direction!

Felt good that I was able to have some fun, and get some work done at the same time

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

the organized basement is looking good! have a great week!