Thursday, August 9, 2007

HHS. . High school . HOT. . . Six Flags

School Dayz are coming, last day for week day fun,

of course, I had to pick the HOTTEST DAY IN ATLANTA!!

100 degrees, code red smog alert---

First up freshman orientation at Harrison High School (HHS) Aconyms- that's what happens when you work with the feds--but I digress.

Here's a view from our seats,




there will be 2700 students this year, oh my gosh!!! However, the boys are re-zoned for Allatoona High next year, soooooo. . . . we're not getting too comfortable, if you know what I mean.


Here's some lovely art work in the gym- Go hoyas! I always thought a Hoya was another name for a bulldog- but nooooo- a hoya is a wall or bush, they just decided to call the mascot a hoya, howa bout that?!!?









The I'm too cool for my mom look, or is it that the okay mom I'm already humiliated since you're the only parent out of about 500 who is trying to take a picture of the school through the car window, because you're too much of a dingy to stand in the parking lot to take a picture- look.
After orientation- a visit to the trailers, oh, I'm sorry, they aren't trailers- they are "cottages", and they are not in a trailer park, but are stationed in an organized manner called a "learning community!". I'm sorry if it has wheels, lights, and you spend any amount of time there, it's a trailer for pete's sake---


Finally made it Six Flags- I again stayed in the shade, and let the boys do what they do--




Here's Andrew with Daffy Duck---- notice the requisite Union Jack bag!



Andrew with Sylvester and Tweety----awwww






Andrew is helping me show you that the Tangerine Twist visited Six Flags- the Goliath entrance as seen from below. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong thanks to the designer getting right back to me--love the internet thing. She's working on more patterns, apparently there's not too much difference in our sizes, so I hope she'll have something soon that's for the winter.


Here's a look at how the TT is shaping up, really an easy knit once you know what you're doing.


Yes, I'm bored, here are my toes and flip flops.

Six Flags is a "cool" place to do some people watching. I am always amazed at what people will go out in public wearing- Glamour magazine needs to come here and do a special---

Maybe we should all walk around in Saran Wrap then nothing will be left to the imagination---- Anyway, I saw some real doozies, and probably shouldn't discuss fashion do's and don'ts, but believe me this was tame compared to some things I saw. Oh yea, BTW if I ever buy a baseball had with Bugs Bunny ears and walk around in public, my children have permission to shoot me on sight-- saw a couple of those too!!!





Photo on the top-Not too bad--nice cover up on the right, shorts that are the right size. Should have a cover up on the left, ladies don't put your girls on display- please--the one in the middle doing okay, shorts fit, top not too skimpy, right size, etc.---- Photo on the bottom- if you have to hold your pants up with your hands while you're walking they are the wrong size- get a belt for crying out loud!!!!! What'd you do smuggle in your cousins into the park in those things- puhlease!! I don't know if his companion should even be discussed.


That was how we spent out HHS day- too hot, I was grimey and gross by the time I got home, but it was FOR THE KIDS! I do love them so- I finished a book and got some knitting done- so there you go--- now it's verrrrry late,
TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

too funny! love the "glamour" do's and don'ts - that was always one of the first pages I'd read when the new magazine arrived :-)