Monday, September 3, 2007

COTC News

Tons of stuff I wanted to get done this weekend, and I think I did nearly everything based on this list
This tree needed to come down, and once we began looking at it we realized that 2 large limbs of the cherry tree also needed to be cut as it was reaching all the way into Mark and Jennifer's yard. Didn't get photos of this, but according to Mark, the squirrels were using the branches as a "freeway"! Hated to lose the privacy, but want to make the most of the cherry tree's new growth-









the after photo, maybe Mark can get into this side gate! Thinking of putting a Japanese maple here, I love how they look in the fall.



Next up, we I mean Steve, I just carried almost all of the limbs from the tree cutting to the back yarn, so need a photo of that- goes to show that regular exercise is good for you- carried some seriously big limbs back there all by my little old self!!!!

used the chain saw to cut down the holly bushes, felt a twinge of uncertainty on this one-think I'd like something taller considering the space, just wasn't feeling the love for the holly shrubs- plan to put tons of flowers here, and something in the container on or before Thanksgiving!!! Steve looks at this as bare, I look at it as a blank canvas-











Next up, we needed a place to put the lawn mover and gas cans as it tends to stink up the basement after PJ cuts the grass. We also want to use the area across from my craft area as a "hang out" area, so we got this at Home Depot, and PJ and Steve set to work putting it together. It's perfect for the area, and for what we wanted it for- I love Rubbermaid! It's so neat and tidy


I got to spend Labor Day enjoying the day off, spent several hours on the deck, having coffee, knitting, and watching the sun rise. I didn't get to knit myself silly, but I managed to sort through some patterns, and pull out some ideas for using up my stash. The boys actually agreed to let me knit them something- so they are getting one of these- PJ wants black with a gray band, and Andrew wants black with a gold band. I've already whined to Mary about trying to get the Tangerine Twist finished. I'm putting it aside to try to get my head around what I keep doing wrong. Following what Mary has told me I'm on the right page- it's just not getting to the needles. I did the gauge, and began working on the Moss from Jo Sharp Book #1 in natural.

Spent some time at the pool, and did some reading. The pool guy told us the pool may remain open til October 1st! Whoo hoo- some more time to enjoy the water. Finished Birds of a Feather, loved it!

Got caught up on making cards for the week, a few birthday, a sympathy, and a get well. All in all I feel like a got the most out of my weekend.

I got a surprise this afternoon when Steve attempted to clean the grill he found some corroded parts, so now we have a new grill--









I'm the official grill queen at our house- loving this new toy! 3 racks of ribs (cut in half) and 8 turkey sausages- yea baby!

Looking forward to 5 days in October with the Columbus Day, so hopefully I'll have some projects under my belt. Lots of stuff planned, and it looks like a soccer game will happen this weekend. Found the current Gourmet in a stack of mail, so I think I'll have a look-

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

sounds like a fun, productive day! so sorry we couldn't work out the TT problem, but glad to see you're still knitting!