Monday, September 10, 2007

Praying for Snow

I'm not praying for snow because its so bleeming hot! even though it is,

[I wonder if the Yarn Harlot is aware of how warm it stays down here?!]

But because of ALL THIS YARN









mind you this isn't out of my current stash, but recently purchased yarn. I know, go ahead and shake your head, I couldn't resist. Best of all -- I used a gift card from Mary and her family, as well as, a Visa gift card I got from a co-worker, so really, my yarn purchases cost me very little.
Here's how the shopping spree went--

Saturday, Mom and I payed a visit to Whole Nine Yarns in Woodstock. I have never been there, so this was our chance to check it out. I mentioned in this post, that there were tons of ladies here. Typical for most Saturdays, I'm sure. There was a beginners class, sock class, and a group gathered together knitting away.

Here I bought: blue yarn for Mystery Stole, the beads I got at The Bead Bug, in the same building as Only Ewe.









Other yarns I got were the yellow and black for Andrew's hat, and PJ's will have black and gray, this project.

and some longer needles for - this project










"Moss" sweater from Jo Sharp's Gatherings: Book One I love how this pattern looks. And it's been surprisingly easy to do, especially now that I have the longer needles- huge difference.

Sunday, we went to Mary's favorite LYS, Only Ewe and Cotton Too. Mom and I have declared this to be ours as well. Such a cool place, and open on Sunday's, so fits into my schedule!



















Here's Mom working on the world's largest sock, it was heading out to NY later that day, so she had great fun while Mary and I struggled with the stole yarn trying to get it wound- uugh!
I got the bright colored yarn seen above for my second pair of socks, granted I haven't done the first pair yet! Oh well, LOVE the colors- so spicy.

Close-up of the stole and hat yarn, except I exchanged the gold for more yellowy, per Andrew's request.


















Off to Knitch on Monday . . . the gift card was beginning to burn a whole in my pocket by this point--
I got this yarn and pattern- love it.










Mary, I think this is the exact pattern that the lady had done in the green Cascade we admired on Sunday. What's fabulous about this pattern is it gives you the yardage so that you can use something as light as lace yarn, or as heavy as DK worsted!

Can't wait to get started, really on all of this stuff, we'll see what this weekend's schedule will allow. The swatch for the mystery stole is about finished up.

I still have a bit left on the Knitch card, so I might save it for some yummy cashmere blend to do a little something with.

So considering all this new yarn + all the stashed yarn- yea, I'm praying for snow! If we get it really bad, I could spend time making cards!!!!

TTFN

No comments: