Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Reminiscing

Lots of stuff for the weekend as usual. I picked up A Killer Stitch, book #4 on Wednesday, and finished it up on Saturday am- nothing like being able to read in bed before you start the day. Enjoyed a little sleeping in as I finished my 6 miles on Labor Day. Really liked this one, and it's been neat seeing the characters develop during the series. The "suspect" was the least obvious-----


We also had our first soccer game. Andrew moved up to an older age group, and he is also playing on a bigger field, with a longer game time- 90 minutes. The downside to the whole thing was that it was 85+ degrees, a lot cooler than it has been, but NO SHADE!!!. Andrew is to the right of the adult in the white shirt. I hope to have better pictures during the season, but all the action was on that side of the field, so no close-ups :-( We lost, but it was just the first game- The Storm will return!



Not sure where Andrew is in this photo

Here's a photo of the team from the Spring, we have all but 3 of the boys on the fall team. Not sure which one's they are in the photo- some soccer mom I am!. Kevin is on the left, and his side kick ?? is on the right.

Hoping for a better showing next game- whenever that is, we haven't even gotten a game schedule yet.

This isn't all we did this weekend. Mom and I made a trip to this shop, for the first time. There were tons of ladies working on various projects, and a couple classes going on. Mary called while we were there, and we just missed her. I got yarn for the mystery stole and the boys hats. On Sunday we met up with Mary at Only Ewe, where we had a devil of a time with the stole yarn trying to wind it. More photos from the knitting expeditions later. Loved Only Ewe, and will be back. Mom and I also stopped by Impressive Ideas to use Mom's gift certificate, and then I went to Knitch on Monday- I know, more yarn, I can't help myself-is that a record 3 yarn shops in 3 days?!.

Ga Tech 2-0, UGA 1-1- yea!

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

oohhh, what'd you get at knitch?