Thursday, September 13, 2007

The S" Word

No not that S word. . This "S" word- SALE!

When I got notification that Vera Bradley was bringing its Outlet Sale to Atlanta, I marked my calendar. Today I joined in the insanity!! Women scurrying with cell phones in hand -- credit cards flying. First sale I've ever been to that posted a spending limit-- $2,000 that's a lot of bags! There were women dragging bags and boxes full of retired patterns, retired styles, and some of the new patterns. Babies crying-- men hoping no one recognized them---

the stuff











the check out line

Bargains galore. Police everywhere- also hoping no one finds out about this assignment. Not for the faint at heart trust me----This sale is going on through Saturday, so you too can join in the insanity. I got some cool stuff, but I'm now showing cause some of them are Christmas gifts (sshhhh!!!).




Another reason why I love my job, I can slip away for something like this with no worries (since I have the time built up time, and a very understanding boss who doesn't ask questions- [he has a wife who is currently remodeling the kitchen- smart man in my book!]




Of course, I managed to get lost on the way back, and I took more "lunch" time than I had planned, ooops.

No comments: