Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ya'll come back now ya' hear!

Wow, hard to believe that the Yarn Harlot has come and gone. She was fabulous fun, and I think Mary agrees it was worth the long wait to have our books signed. I think the YH was fairly impressed with our city. Scroll down the YH posting, Mary and I are forever memorialized in the archives of the Yarn Harlot's blog- how cool is that!!!!???

It's great having Mary to blog with, so I can tag her sight, she took different photos, and had a great posting of our "picnic". In the words of Scarlett O'Hara- I'm sure they were pea green with envy!!.


Here's some of the photos I got. Yes, Sara, oh observant one, that's a LOT of knitters!!









photos just prior to the YH appearance





My row mate, he had on a gorgeous vest that his wife had done, that was multi-colored, she had on a beautiful shawl, and he was knitting. My photo isn't great, a bit out of focus, what a cool guy to show his support for his mate!

Here's Mary back at Knitch getting her book signed. . . say "yarn!"


I think she was actually excited to get her dish clothes, Mary and I each did one, mine purple and Mary's, peach- get it? Georgia peaches??

Anyway, despite the fact that I got very little sleep after this event, it was totally worth it. I've figured out there are 3 kinds of knitters:

♥ those that knit and have NEVER heard of the Yarn Harlot, gasp, I know.
♥ those who have read her books, but have not read her blog, they are so missing out!
♥ those, like Mary and I, who daily stalk her blog anticipating the next enlightened posting!

TTFN



No comments: