Sunday, September 23, 2007

Social Hour

Okay, so Friday and Saturday included a jam packed list of activities, what else is new.

On Friday, we got together for a special project for a special person. Again, here's Mary's post, this is so easy.


Here's my photo of "the box".


Can't wait to put the "finishing touches in November.
Of course, along with making this project, it was great fun spending time with Mary and Karen, at Karen's including some "gourmet" snacks, and great wine. Lots of laughs-- look forward to doing this again.





Saturday, had to get up extra early so I could get my walk in before the neighborhood yard sale.
Rewind for a sec - - - -

I had to work part of the day on Friday, which meant that Mom, Donna and Barry maintained order,

SO on----- Saturday I stepped in so Mom could sleep in a bit. We didn't make a much money, and I only got enough for 1/2 a shrug (one Mary and I saw at Knitch), but we did get rid of a bunch of "LITTLE" stuff, and managed to turn the 11:00 hour into Happy Hour. Barry makes a MEAN Bloody Mary, and I've never really had a taste for them. He is the official BM maker in my book! I brought over the left over cheeses from Wednesday and Friday.

We know how to do it right in our neighborhood!

Later that day, Debbie Campbell and Lynette Fisher came over for knitting lessons courtesy of Gina Kurtzeborn.

Lynette gets the whole cast-on thing! yea Lynette. Debbie and Jean observe Gina demo how to pick up dropped stitches- a must for ALL knitters. Gina also showed Mom and I how the 2 circular needle sock thing works- will definately try this! I will conquer those little **&%%$.


The ladies had a great time, and later on the guys joined us for lasagna, pinot grigio and chianti. Our next meeting will be on the 27th.

Again, another great weekend with family and friends.



TTFN

No comments: