Friday, October 5, 2007

Day One: Landscaping

Vacation got started as planned. I was able to humiliate PJ at the bus stop that was a bonus! Okay, I didn't really humiliate him, but I had fun hanging out with him til the bus arrived, even though he didn't want me hanging about. . . oh well.

Made it to Pike's, Home Depot and Lowe's. Have to say that Home Depot had the best selection of all three, and I was rather disappointed with the selection or lack of at Pike's.









Here are some pics. The urn has some unusual plants that will be described in my gardening journal, maybe with some close up shots.








Really hope the plants will eventually grow up and out!








violas on the deck, found some ferns and cool containers at Lowe's.











The front porch has improved quite a bit. Glad I was able to get it all done in one day. Have put a breakfast casserole in the fridge for tomorrow since we've got to get an early start.

Gotta remember to get the first clue on the SOTS. Much more activities planned. Now just gotta figure out how to sit through the UGA vs Tennessee game that precedes the baby shower tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mary said...

love the new containers - what's the sunflower-y looking one in the urn? looks like you've got a full long weekend planned with all the good things (family, knitting, food and wine). ENJOY!

TODAY DECORATION said...

Beautiful!!