Thursday, October 4, 2007

Vacation Plans

My vacation officially started today at 4:09 pm- that's when I headed out to catch the bus. Here's what's on the agenda . . .

Plan to do 6 miles tomorrow morning , a little sleeping in. . . doing the walk on Friday since we have to be at a soccer game in another county at 9:00 am!!! on Saturday morning . . . soooooo had to make a slight adjustment, but that means a little bit of sleeping in on Sat. Whoo!
Anyway, I digress-

Plans for my time off include several projects, most are one timers that I’ve been saving for now.

First up- landscaping:

Due to the draught, and the total ban on outdoor watering the landscaping plans have been scaled waaaay back. This week’s planting will be limited to these containers, and the front porch. Perhaps some bulbs for spring blooming. Otherwise the space in front of the dining room is going to be very bare— bottom right around the urn.








Next up- recipe clean up





♥Goal: create a journal of recipes that have been tried and are family favorites- this will at some point be duplicated so that the boys each have a copy.
♥Next: make a list of the recipes I still want to try, put these in a journal including the publication, month and year. That way if I really want to try to recipe I can go to epicurious.com, and save lots of storage space.
♥Then: throw out all the ones that I know I’m not going to try.
On the Knitting Front-

Catalog the Stash- photos and excel spreadsheet of what I’ve got, so when I get my invite to Ravelry I'll be ready, and just MAYBE actually pick out some patterns.

Work on sock #2- wait til you see it compared with sock #1!!!. Will probably save all the knitting updates until Sunday, so I can include photos. Cast on some new projects. Just completed a couple- so only seems reasonable, right??
Would love to finish the back on the Jo Sharp- Moss, have about 10 more centimeters.

Some scrapbooking- need to do the "Road Race", Andrew and PJ 2007, and the Women of the Church. Should be doable, plan to keep things very simple.


Christmas cards- using this paper- Stampin' Up Dashing in case the link doesn't work right!

The Secret of the Stole starts tomorrow as well, so I hope to be able to tackle that, and make some serious progress.


Of course, I gotta have a chance to just relax!!
Have to fit in a meeting, taking Mom to have her labs done, PJ to the Orthodontist, and I'm sure another trip to the grocery store!




Things I'm grateful for this week:
Starbucks
a reliable car
a good bottle of wine
whirlpool jets- I'll be in the bubbles tomorrow night!!
TTFN

No comments: