Tuesday, September 25, 2007

gratitude journal entry #1

While reading one of my Upper Room Devotionals, the writer mentioned that she had a daily gratitude journal in which she wrote down things she was grateful for- it made a tremendous difference in her day and perspective. . . . consider this the first of many entries, but not daily! ♥♥

*good health
*family who are like friends
*friends who are like family
*my church family
*ability to knit












*the wonderful helpful ladies at Knitch- who even remembered Mary and I, and saw our picture on the YH blog!
*access to great health care
*my four mile walk this morning
*my job
*my brain
*my children
*a country where I'm free
*my faith, and my church
*good food
*my house
*the birds I see at the feeder from the family room and breakfast nook

many many other things, but need to save something for next time.

TTFN



photo from this website- Jean-Francois Millet, The Knitting Lesson, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

2 comments:

Mary said...

what a lovely idea. funny isn't it, how something so simple can be so powerful. might try to get out of the office early to head to knitch before my GaTech meeting tonight - have an extra skein of the silk/mohair to exchange. love that store!

Polly said...

Just think--we may be viewing the painting when we visit the Museum of Fine Arts in 3 weeks. The gratitude journal is a novel idea. Polly