Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lessons Learned

Okay, now that I've emerged from "Knitting Purgatory", or escaped the clutches of the Evil Knitting Gremlin, whichever you prefer . . I've learned a few things

The SOTS
Learned . . I need to wear my reading glasses to do this thing, duh! I guess after doing the same row about 8 times it became "clear"! It is now affectionately referred to as "The Blue Thing". My family has been informed that when I am in it's clutches, DON'T TALK TO ME!

Also, if anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right, even if it takes a while. So true of this project.

SOCKS
Learned . . you gotta hold it a bit tighter for the tension to be right, and both socks to be the same size, just a small detail!
Also, these are so easy, if you don't try anything fancy! First socks are to be cherished, I'm so proud of mine.

Also, if I have my ball of sock yarn in my tote, I can stand at the bus stop, wait for the bus and knit-I'd love to know what the people in the cars thing, then again maybe not!

RAVELRY
Learned . . very compatible with my organizational (obsessive) side- loving it.

I'll have photos showing knitting updates this weekend. . . nearly done with sock #1 in Strawberry Switchblade, and I've got just a tad at the neck of the JS- Moss!

This week's Gratitude:
That first cup of coffee in the morning (between 5 & 5:30 am)
That first cup of coffee once I get in the office (by 7:15)
RAIN!
People who understand my knitting


TTFN


1 comment:

Mary said...

ahhh....welcome back to SotS! I'm about 10 rows from having hint #3 done. So tried to finish it all by yesterday but that just didn't happen. Can't wait to see strawberry switchblade knitted up!