Monday, October 29, 2007

knitting progress

Proud to say I've made some headway on the knitting front:

Second pair of socks nearly done- love them! This is the Strawberry Switchblade by Lotus Yarns, they are so incredibly soft! Hope to have the second sock done by the weekend.










Finished the back on the Jo Sharp "Moss"-- plans are to start on the front, and then I'll knit the sleeves out from the shoulder so they are the length I need, and hopefully that will prevent me from having to redo them over, and over.










The Blue Thing Grows! Slowly, but it's getting there.










The photos are what's really keeping me going on this project like Mary's most recent posting. I just wish I didn't have to keep a death grip on it, and could relax while I'm knitting. However, I love the look so much that I added this to my library (thank you Barnes and Noble for the 50% off!) Have also added this book thanks to another 50% off from Michael's.

Non-knitting news . . these are the first blooms of the Toad Lily, used my thumb to try to give you an idea of how tiny these blooms are, so love this plant, and it loves the shade. We brought these from our old house. They are one of the few plants I actually bought from a specialty nursery. I saw them at Pike's this year, and was real tempted to buy more, but with the draught . . . one great thing about these is that they spread really well. Looking forward to maybe double next year, guess that depends on the rainfall?! . .



Gratitudes-probably won't get another post out for a while-----

*A spouse who made the bed, went to the grocery store, helped with the youth dinner, folded and put away the towels-thank you

*an upcoming week with no evening obligations, except driving to activities and dropping off-that means more knitting time, and hopefully a chance to read the latest Bon Appetit and Gourmet (keep your fingers crossed!)


TTFN

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Oh it knit up so pretty! Glad you like the socks! xoxo

Mary said...

ooohhhh - I love the strawberry switchblade and how cool that the designer commented here! you're famous!