Friday, November 9, 2007

Insantity or determination

so . . . I'm still plugging away at the blue thing, did manage to get clue #2 finished, and then stopped at my favorite Starbucks for a couple hours on Tuesday to work on #3, and now I'm stuck, again! It seems like for every 10 rows I finish- I have to re-do at least 4. There was absolutely no more time to work on it this week, so now that clue #6 is out I hope to work on it more this weekend, as I have Monday off- we'll see. I just have to bear in mind that it will be worth the work, and I shouldn't get caught up in the deadline thing, it's not like I'm being paid to do this thing! Here's a photo of clue#2, not very good, but I was standing in Starbucks trying to take this without looking totally stupid!





Finished the Strawberry Switchblade socks!






Finished Karen's scarf-- she had bought the yarn at Knitch with every intention of learning how to knit, and making something for her self.









She gave it to me, saying "I'm sure you can do something with this", well after much ooohing and aaahing over it trying to think of something for me, it hit me! . . . knit something for Karen, so I did, and here it is. She's getting ready to retire from the Army, so I got it to her in the nick of time! It is also incredibly soft, Rowan baby Alpaca- loved knitting withit.

Finally, I cast on a pair of socks for mom, I promised her the next pair, so here's the yarn I'm using for that . ..








will have a photo showing how they're shaping up next week.


So despite the fact that the blue thing is giving me fits, I did manage to get some things accomplished.

And by the way, if anyone mentions an odd sighting of a lady standing at the corner of W Peachtree and 5th street knitting at 4:15 in the afternoon, that'd be me- . . hey if I gotta wait, I gotta knit!

TTFN

P. S. Off to Peachtree City/Fayette County for a soccer tournament this weekend, staying overnight so hopefully Mexican food and margaritas for dinner, and some knitting time- we'll see.

1 comment:

Mary said...

definitely determination! clues 4 and 5 are MUCH easier too. Have fun with the soccer and hope you do get some knitting time.