Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2 + 1 = . . .

new furniture. . . steve spend a whole week clearing out the basement, re-arranging stuff and moving the computer/tv from out of the bedroom into the new office space downstairs (space without sheet rock, etc., but space with actual walls nonetheless). Now that we have an open area in the bedroom he wanted to go look at chairs and table to create a sitting area in our room. So off we went on Sunday to Haverty's to see what they had, and then we returned on Monday to look again. I did not take my knitting, but this trip took me away from knitting (ugh, wanted to finish Clue #4, I'm nearly there 10 more rows!, but I digress) and so what was going to be 3 possibly 5 pieces of furniture turned out to be well . . . a lot, we got this set for the family room, the old will go into the basement to provide more seating when that space is finished, we'll keep the recliner, and this, this, and this to go in the living room, I love the round chair, it's my "Austin Powers is my boyfriend" chair. Well, Austin Powers might have one that is a bit more psychiadelic in color, but I so LOVE this chair. Oh yea, and we got 2 of these and this for the bedroom. We'll have everything on the 16th except for the mocha chair and the cocktail table for the living room. Now if we could just get new flooring . . . . . . .





TTFN



Gratitudes:

A spouse who has the time off from work to take care of these kinds of projects

Making progress on my SOTS

Some custom dyed yarn that's coming my way soon!!! You have to go to Ravelry to learn about that!

1 comment:

Mary said...

(sorry if there's a duplicate comment - got an error when I posted the first one, so posting again!)

Wow - it all looks great - can't wait to see it next weekend!