Saturday, November 17, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!

Happy Birthday Mary-

Okay, I’ve literally spent a ton of time figuring out what to say to wish Mary a very happy birthday (and meaningful ) on the blog. Also, wanted to add a photo, but the scanner at work wasn't cooperating. It wasn’t until recently that I’ve come to realize (and appreciate) how much influence Mary has had on my life since I’ve been part of her family. Grant it I could say much of the same thing about many other ladies in my life, but it is Mary’s birthday, so she gets the spotlight!

First off, I don’t know if I have or could ever thank Mary (and her family) enough, for allowing Steve and I to live in her living room for an entire month following my car accident. Way, way over and above the call of duty, and a generous gesture that won’t be forgotten. Other “things” . . . teaching me to knit (yeah), showing me how to blog (double yeah), enjoying the simple things, loving my kids for who they are, great food, wine, compassion, encouraging me through not only 1 college degree- but two, support while I tried to start my embroidery business, always being positive(and supportive) no matter what zany thing I decide to try, sharing books and music, trips to the museum and lunches out, many meals around the Rogovin dinner table, being happy for others when they succeed and being ready to celebrate, realizing that life is a series of phases and we should appreciate each one realizing that if you wait long enough-things (will change often for the better-especially in parenting) or get brighter, enjoy the view, it’s okay to cry, less is often more, Starbucks, traveling light . . . . I could go on an on, but I will end by wishing Mary a very happy birthday and many many more to come!

It’s early so I’ll raise my coffee mug in salute,when I get back in from my walk, and tomorrow we’ll share a glass of wine and celebrate some more!

TTFN

1 comment:

Mary said...

oh, lydia, this is just beautiful. thank you so much! i'm really looking forward to today and tomorrow - so love when my birthday falls on a saturday and i get a two-day celebration!