Monday, November 19, 2007

Who'd have thought. . .

at brunch yesterday, i got to admire Mary's stash (some gorgeous stuff!), and her WIPs, spent some extra time checking out the monkey socks. i commented on how tiny (short) the needles were, and how leery i was of working with them. well, unbeknownest to me, when i stopped by Only Ewe to purchase another set of #1 dp, i bought the shorter needles! imagine my dismay when i discovered this on the bus ride to work- however, the determined knitter that i am, i was willing to give them a try, and well. . . ♥ them! they are so much easier to work with (so far, anyway). maybe it's because i have small hands, and i'm working with fine yarn. . here they are on the foot part of mom's socks.










also bought sock yarn to make baby isabell some socks or booties- ain't it sweet,










will look for some lavender at Knitch, and if i have time, i'll stop by Why Knot Knit, which was highly recommended by mary. hope to do this when i leave work on Wednesday.


finally--look what came in the mail- i'm just giddy with delight right now, can't you tell!!??

2 comments:

Mary said...

ooohhh....pretty yarn - and quite jealous of the progress you've made on the 3rd pair of socks! :-) looking forward to seeing your stash and WIPs in Saturday. Thinking I might stop by CoC after work tomorrow for size 9 dpns (silly me - lent them out and I need them for my next project) - call me if you want me to pickup anything to bring with tomorrow night!

LotusKnits said...

Great yarn pics!!

xoxo