Tuesday, February 1, 2011

10 for Tuesday-nightstand and a thing for books.


10 for Tuesday prompt- so right now on my night stand i've got:

1- alarm clock- an absolute must
2- ear plugs-i can't fall asleep without them
3- eye glasses-for those rare times when i might be watching tv before bed after the contacts have come out.
4- quilted coaster-made by my wonderful friend Kathy
5- stack of notes and pen-for those middle of the night ideas that MUST be written down
6- box of kleenex
7- telephone-i don't keep my cell phone by my bed cause i know i'll leave it at home when i leave for work
8- books and magazines to help plan for our trip to paris
9- lamp-this was once a seafoam green lamp that i spray painted antique gold-i do love it.
10-kindle and more books-in the middle of reading- Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, Nevada Barr's Winter Study, Diane Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone, and Alexander McCall Smith's The Charming Quirks of Others.  Waiting to read-Julie Hyzy-State of the Onion, Alexander McCall Smith's Courduroy Mansion.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great list with lots of books. I have an alarm clock, too. But I've also been setting my phone's alarm. Not that it's helping me get up...

Mary said...

love it! it looks well-used and well-loved! we need to remember to talk about books the next time we meet...we read so many of the same ones!