Friday, December 23, 2011

dec. 22. christmas music

the fish radio station plays christmas music beginning the day after thanksgiving through christmas day.  this year they've played some of the best music i've heard in a while.  i began a couple weeks ago making a list of songs i wanted to add to my collection.  christmas music is speaking to me in a different way this year, and i'm really listening to it rather than just hearing it.  i was going to pick and choose from i-tunes until i discovered that the majority of what i was looking for was found on this year's WOW Christmas CD. i searched the barnes and noble website and found ONE store in atlanta that still had a copy in stock-so armed with a 25% off coupon and a gift card to barnes and noble (and an umbrella) off i went. i listen to it on the way home while driving through torrential rain-it was awesome.  i'm also going to add jim brickman's the hymns and carols of christmas and a couple other singles over the next couple days.  now i just need to update my video collection!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I need to check out that CD.... (but I don't think I've got the energy to head to B&N today!!)