Thursday, November 8, 2012

cables-destashing = happiness.

i feel like i've been a bit all over the place with my knitting. i have 2 socks that need the toe grafted, i'm half way through the foot of my current (and only) project.  i just got buttons for 4 projects that have been finished for a while, still need 1 more set. sweaters and a cowl that are perfect for the weather we're having, but have yet to wear anything cause of the lack of buttons (which really isn't much of an excuse, right?!).  i'll also point out that i have yet to sew on said buttons. i've been coveting cables and motifs (gnarled oak cardigan comes to mind), but i didn't want to start a sweater yet, or get into a real involved project.  i have stash yarn that needed to be used up, but i wanted cables-gosh darn it.  sooo, due to my inability to sleep on tuesday night/wednesday morning, i logged onto ravelry and got to searching.  i came up with this, this and this.  i think these 3 are going to knit up pretty quickly, i'm already 1/3 of the way through the headband. one of the cowls may become a gift as part of my 45/45 plan, not sure yet.  needless to say at this point i'm thrilled that i will have 5 skeins of yarn out of my stash, something warm for my head and neck, and my burning desire to do cables quenched! have been thinking about my 2013 knitting goals, and since i've been doing some de-stashing-donating-using the yarn i have, i'm headed in the right direction. for the rest of 2012, my goal is no WIPS, with the exception of this sweater which i hope to buy yarn for in december and work on over the holidays.

1 comment:

Mary said...

ooohhh love chandail! I have also been re-thinking my knitting plans and hope to get through most of my non-sockyarn stash by next Easter. really - it is so nice to knit with the yarn I bought years ago!!