Photo is from the Peachtree Road Race in 2011 Myself and Kathy M.. Not sure why I don't have one from 2012 or 2013.My list based on Carole's prompt. We don't do a lot on the 4th, most of the time it's just too hot, and since Sophie hates loud noises we don't go outside to watch the fireworks. I always loved to see them in person, but just never enjoyed the late evening and the crowds.
10. Eating watermelon and/or ice cream-always refreshing.
9. Pull out the flag and wear red, white and blue
8. Eat BBQ with all the fixin's
7. Listen to some great patriotic music
6. Watch a parade-I haven't attended on in person in a long time, but love them.
5. Run/walk the Peachtree Road Race with 59,999 of my "closest" friends-this will be my 9th year, and I will be solo for the first time in a while :-(
4. Take a shower and a nap because of #5
3. Relax and enjoy the rest of the day-this year it is a 3 day weekend-yah!
2. Spend some time reading and knitting
1. Enjoy a cocktail (or 2)
I think it's best to keep it simple, and remember the reason why we celebrate this day.