Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WIP Wednesday


 Being inspired by Mary [as always] I'm going to post some knitting progress.  Aside from 2 pairs of socks on the needles, my current WIPs are

Parabola, part of the Shibui-Geometry series, and I'm loving this so far.  The pattern is pretty straight forward and I'm already at the neck and armhole shaping.  This tank has two layers the bottom layer has a razor back which provides some interesting shaping, and the top layer has a standard tank construction.  The design of this top is such that you can use the top layer as a cowl, but I plan to make a separate cowl following the suggestion of a knitter of Ravelry.  I'm knitting this out of Shibui Staccato-colorway Tar for the razorback piece, and for the top layer I'm using Shibui Silk Cloud-colorway fog.  I'm planning to pair it with some skinny black jeans as my holiday outfit. 

 My final summer piece is the Sommer Sleeveless Top by Mari Chiba and featured by Juniper Moon Farm.  As suggested, I'm knitting this out of JMF's new yarn- Zooey-Colorway 03-White Pepper which I am loving!  I fully plan to knit something else out of this yarn; I really love the neutral colors it comes in too.  However, I don't understand why the model featured in the pattern looks so irritated.  Really that's my own complaint.
I will be going to a quilt show next Saturday with my quilt club.  I'll be taking one of these to work on while in the car, so hopefully there will be a FO from this post very soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

you're making great progress on both pieces - I can't wait to see them finished and modeled. (and I'm so glad you like Zooey - it seemed like a nice yarn but hearing from you that it is...matters!)