Sunday, December 9, 2007

let the holidays begin!!!!

sing hallelujah, praise the Lord, amen, whoo hoo, double arm pumps, dance a jig, drink a toast, whatever celebratory expression you choose, but the SOTS is DONE that's right after about 8 hours of knitting yesterday, it's ready to be blocked; which I'll do at work tomorrow. I'll leave extra early so I can do it first thing-- Is is perfect? definitely not, but is something I'm very proud of, and can't wait to photograph it after it's blocked, so there will be photos at the end of the week. Will I knit lace again- well yea, I may even cast on the Victorian Ruby this weekend, well maybe not!

Now I can finish decorating the house, and bake some cookies. I even managed to watch an entire episode of Iron Chef America, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Note to self: do NOT knit non-social items from October-December. Must stick with socks, scarves, blankets, or hats during the holiday season!

Thanks to Mary for encouraging me along the way, and for my family for tolerating my obsessive behavior and odd meals this past month!

1 comment:

Mary said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! can't wait to see the photos! (I picked my SOTS up today and see that the last time I knit on it was Nov 19 - wow...)