Sunday, January 27, 2008

21 candles. . .

Today is the 21st birthday, of another special woman in my life, Katie. Hard to believe she is 21, I've been part of her life for 18 years, and she is a real gem. Some of the things I admire most about Katie is that she is very giving, compassionate, smart, witty, creative, artistic, and beautiful, inside and out. I count her among the women who most influence my life. She studies hard, and gives it her best. I've watched her grown and change over the years, becoming her own person. I'm very proud of the woman she has become. I can't wait to see what she does with her life, and hope I can continue to play an active role.


This one's for you Katie, hugs and kisses from me, may you continue to be richly blessed, and may others be blessed by knowing you. Wishing you the very, very best on this special day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice birthday greeting for Katie. I, too, am very proud of my oldest grandchild and grateful for the opportunity to see her grow up. Polly

Anonymous said...

lydia, i think this is one of the nicest things i've ever heard anyone say about me : ). i am always reminded about how lucky i am to have family who not only care about and support me but also continue to inspire me. i'm looking forward to our dinner date with wine!