Thursday, January 10, 2008

routines


personally i like a strict (fairly) routine ; not because i'm overly anal (which i can be) but because it keeps me on track and level (balanced) which provides me with a calm existence. also by sticking with a routine i can finish my "chores" as planned, and then i can reward myself with small things, like sleeping an extra 45 minutes on Friday morning, taking an hour or so at Starbucks to relax, knit, or read, or watch a TV show.
some of my routine requirements include: exercise Saturday-Thursday, getting the grocery shopping and my laundry done by Thursday, and cleaning the house on Wednesday. if i do all this then the goal is that i'll have the weekend to do some fun things.

SOOOOO . .

since i've met the above requirements the goals for this weekend include completing the WOC scrapbook, going to the theatre with Mom and the DBE/Lions & Eagles group, watching the Patriot Guard Patrol come through our neighborhood (a post on this later), and putting away the Christmas stuff, and a party Friday night-hope to finish Mom's shawl, I've run into a HUGE glitch, and can't seem to figure it out, and i really don't want to rip it out.



since i've ridden the bus for most of the week, i'm nearly done with Mom's socks- just in time for warm weather, how about that! i'm making headway on my Spicy socks, except at lunch i dropped a stitch or something, so i'm having to rip back on that, and with the 12 row pattern, not sure if i'll be able to get back on track with that- ugh!



found the clip art on http://www.friendsacrossamerica.com/

Gratitudes:

rain and the forecast of rain
getting to go to NY next month

1 comment:

Mary said...

hear ya! routines feel more "comfort"-able to me...something about knowing that if I do this, then I do that, then that other thing...just seems to fit . good luck with the knitting - hope it's not too much frogging! (and happy weekend!)