Thursday, January 3, 2008

Word for the year . . .

Calm --almost or utterly motionless, (totally not me!) not excited or agitated, composed, absence or cessation of motion; serenity, peace. Synonyms: peaceful placid serene tranquil

This will be what I strive for in 2008, and I hope Ali will continue to inspire me throughout the year. Maybe I can become a bit more creative with the paper, pens, pencils, and other crafty bits I have at home, this will certainly help me both use up some old stuff thus helping the old wallet! Also, having visuals of what it means to be calm will help ( i hope) remind and encourage me in this endeavor. Other words that were left in the comments for Ali's "word" post included breathe-focus-simplicity, all are important for a well balanced life.

Some things I've already been able to use to bring "calm" into my day- my new Diana Krall CD loaded on my computer at work, and I've had about 45 minutes at the beginning of each work day (between home and) to knit-no rushing, just taking it one stitch at a time!

I'm on my road to journaling, Mary and Katie got me a Cavallini calendar, (the NY one), I plan to jot down things either daily or weekly, no strict plans on this project, want it to be something I look forward to doing rather than an obligation.

1 comment:

Mary said...

ahhh....like this!