Tuesday, September 24, 2013

books to read.

similar to my favorites and queue on ravelry I have a long list of books I want to read.  I am trying to do a better job of keeping up with recommendations I get for books on good reads, so much easier than trying to write them down.  I get a lot of suggestions from friends, my boss, and podcasts that I listen to, so the list seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.  The photo is from a book I received from one of my favorite writers, Elizabeth George.  She was offering free signed copies of her books, and I requested one that was in a French translation (Christmas gift for PJ :-).  This is a new series by her, so I guess I'll also have to get the English translation so I can read it-here's my top 10 books I want to read . . right now!
10. Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead (Literary Disco Podcast Recommendation)
  9. Ask the Dust by John Fante (Literary Disco Podcast Recommendation)
  8. 84, Charing Cross Road (Goodreads Recommendation-Mary)
  7. The Custom of the Country (Craft-Lit Podcast Recommendation)
  6. 740 Park:  The Story of the World's Richest Apartment Building by Michael Gross
  5. The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon (long time fan of her books)
  4. Paris, My Sweet:  A Year in the City of Light by Amy Thomas (Ann Mah Recommendation)
  3.  The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo (Recommendation by my boss)
  2.  Murder in the Marais by Cara Black (Ann Mah Recommendation, I think)
  1.  Vanishing Act by Thomas Perry (Recommendation by my boss)

These are in no particular order, I'm curious to see if I actually like the books recommended by people I don't personally know-we'll see.
 
thanks Carole for today's prompt

No comments: