Sunday, January 5, 2014

progress.

i'm feeling pretty good about the first week of the new year.  project life for 2013 is done with the exception of the final wrap up pages, and a couple things i want to do for our vacations.  i'm giving myself until january 21 to do a final wrap up as that'll give me a long weekend to put the finishing touches on my album. 

 project life week one complete-the photo of andrew has some off color, so i'll probably reprint it. i'm running low on 2 ink colors so i'm hoping that's the problem.  i've learned a lot from doing a full year of project life, and in 2014 i think i'll be incorporating more digital generated journal cards rather than handwriting them-we'll see.

am beyond thrilled with the knitting progress. i've done the try on of my cora pullover, and the fit is PERFECT, have cast on the first sleeve, so from now on it's all stockinette in the round. since i have t-rex arms the sleeves should knit up pretty quick-whoo hoo!

now for the area that really needs to see some progress is my sewing table-i'll let the picture speak for itself. i'm giving myself until the end of january to get this sorted as i hope to go full guns with sewing in february.  i've signed up for a one day (2 sessions) of sip and sews at cottontail quilts in february so i want to be prepared and productive on that day.  i also hope to be faithful about blogging updates.  i have so many lovely fabrics that i've collected, i need to put them to good use.
how's your year progressing so far?

1 comment:

Mary said...

you ARE off to a great productive start! look forward to seeing more sewing in 2014; your quilts are so beautiful!

I am ready to go for Project Life (2013 is DONE and my 2014 cover page, too) and I'm mapping out plans for OLW and knitting. so - pretty good for day 5, I think!