Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Carole's prompt for this week are favorite summer drinks, and i have many that i enjoy. In my early days beer and wine coolers were the drinks of choice, yea I know, I'm a child of the 80s. As usual my in-laws taught me an appreciation for a varied [finer] array of beverages. Aside from plain old-very cold water, coffee and white wine here's my list in no particular order:
10. Sangria-love the added fruit that makes this drink more like a punch.
9. Margarita- tartiness of the lime is what summer is all about.
8. Mojito- summer isn't summer without fresh mint.
7. La Paloma- introduced to this on Memorial Day- tequila, grapefruit soda and cayenne pepper- I sprinkle this in the drink instead of on the rim-uh yum!
6. Mint Julep-yea! I discovered bourbon a few years ago, and watching the Kentucky Derby and drinking mint juleps seems like the perfect prelude for summer cocktails drinking.
5. Strawberry-Mint smash (photo above) featured on Oh So Beautiful Paper this week- bourbon-fruit-mint-what's NOT to love right?!
4. Mali-Nali-tequila-green chartruese-pinapple juice-lime-simple syrup AND a sprig of rosemary. My favorite cocktail from Escorpion.
3. Bourbon and (Diet) Ginger Ale-not sure if this exists outside of my kitchen or not
2. Gin and Tonic-again with the lime
1. A very cold light beer
I'll be trying this cocktail tonight, thanks to Katie's suggestion. What beverages keep you cool during the summer?